Re: Paralleled Primaries / Separate Drive Circuit - SSTCs ? ? ?

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

 > >Has anyone explored the use of paralleled primaries in SSTC use.
 > >
 > >For example, say I had two SSTC full-bridge power supplies each with
 > >their own dedicated primary winding and of course both supplies
 > >switching frequency are synchronized.  Now i take those two independent
 > >windings and use them either interweaved, or top/bottom configurations
 > >and run both at the same time.
 > >
 > >Neglecting losses, I would assume that two 5kW power supplies combined
 > >like this would appear like one 10kW supply to
 > >the secondary coil.  Is this correct???
 >
 > Yes!
 >

 > >If so, perhaps this is a way to increase power even more to a SSTC when
 > >the maximum impedance of one coil limitations
 > >are met.
 >
 > The only caution I would have is that the two primaries will strongly
 > couple to each other.  Thus, you need to open circuit one while the other
 > fires.
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 >          Terry

Does this really matter though?  Most filament transformers have two primary
windings which can be either paralleled for higher current, or series'd for
higher voltage.
The coupling between those primaries doesn't seem effect them at all.  What
do you think?

Dan