Re: Toob coil questions

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Of course John, thank you for pointing that out.  Also note that i think
the coil Terry has runs a voltage doubler (level shifter) on the plate
supply??
If so, a red plate seems to suggest a very strong chance of something going
wrong.  Even pushing my 811A's to 2kvac seemed to cause arcs some times
though the coupling was low and could have caused the arcing.

Steve