Re: Table-top mini coil contest update

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

The 4020 france NST is tough!  I did not sweat the 5 minute run and usually
ran that coil for very long periods of time.  The NST does get rather warm
after 5 minutes, but its a transformer!  Assuming you are using a nicely
rated MMC design cap or similar, the 5 minute run is no problem really.  At
4kv it seems that very little can break down.  My coil stayed consistent
for the 5 minutes, no problem.  Good luck!

Steve Ward