Re: JAVATC v10

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>
>Sounds good!
>We can talk further off the list. I think it would be "great" for you to
>work on this and I will be happy to help out. I'll write you off list.
>Take care,
>Bart
>
>>Original poster: "Adam Horden" <electronicmadman-at-blueyonder.co.uk>
>>
>>I started writeing a simular version of java tc in Visual Basic a couple
>>of months ago.
---MAJOR SNIPPERZ---

Hi All

Yeah, I suppose it's time that I did something too ;-)  My "native"
programming language is Perl and I use Tk for a GUI.  (Most of what I do is
for online use and uses Perl CGI for those familiar.)

I'll have a look at the algorithms and knock a Perl version together
(requires Perl interpreter for those not running a Un*x type OS) for
testing.  Having thus got the feel for the algorithms, I can look at
knocking some C routines together - will probably leave GUI for someone
else ;-)

For maximum platform independence and software support, the ultimate target
would be to do something with Java/Swing.  Then we could look at running
this on a (well shielded!) Palm Pilot...

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy