Inductance calculations

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Hi:

I have updated the documentation file for the calculations done
by my Inductance Calculations (Inca) program. Now all the formulas
and calculation techniques that I found in the literature and
implemented in the program are listed, along with all the references.
The most interesting results are the calculations based on the
mutual inductance between two coaxial circular turns, that apply
to all the shapes of interest in Tesla coiling, and are very fast
and precise, if the AGM methods (Pascal routines listed) are used
in the calculation of the elliptic integrals.
The fast method for mutual inductance calculation using Jones'
formula for the mutual inductance between a circular ring and
a true solenoid is also interesting.

What is still missing:
Considerations of nonuniform current distribution in the coils.
Skin effects on inductances.
Good closed formulas for when the coils have noninteger number of
turns (Current sheet approximations can be used, but are not
very good).

Things that I plan to eventually include:
Coils with any relative position.
Coils with other shapes than circular.

http://www.coe.ufrj.br/tesla/maxwell.pdf

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz