Re: New to tesla coils

Original poster: "Dan Strother" <dstroth-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Watch out! That transformer you're bidding on has a 277VAC primary! Unless
you have access to such a voltage source (like a variac operating off of
240VAC for 0-280 operation), you should not get that transformer.

eBay is also a good source for variacs. You should be able to get a decent
one for under $50 (including shipping) very easily.

Dan Strother