New to tesla coils

Original poster: sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>

For the secondary, someone mentioned 26 gauge wire, I also heard it
should be 200 C magnet wire.  Do I have to find magnet wire, or can I
just get some 26 gauge wire?

Also, for the primary circuit, is 10 gauge wire right?

Finally, I have seen 2 main designs for the primary circuit.  One has
the spark gap in parallel with the transformer, and the capacitors in
series.  The other is just the opposite.  Which design is recommended?

Thanks
--
sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>