Re: Bulk Order 15kW SSTC Boards - Heatsinks Room Temperature

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>
Snip

>However, I am downgrading the power level anyways to about 3kW.  The
>problem not lies in the cooling scheme, but in the
>PCB board itself.  For the current levels required to do more than 3kW,
>I do not have the copper available (double-sided, 2oz) to handle the
>current I would need without going to a multilayer board (4+ layers) and
>thicker copper (4oz+) which
>ultimately becomes extremely expensive for my budget.
>Dan
I wonder if it would be in order to hard-wire the bridge part of the
circuit, and confine the controll circuit to the PCB.

I imagine 1mm by 5mm magnet wire (5/128 by 25/128 inch :-))
Or even really fancy jig-sawed busses to connect the FET`s with each other,
the coil and the power supply.

That`s how I plan to do it, and water cooling is part of the sceme too,
with "O" rings around the hole below each FET, for closest contact to the
water.
But I am rampling, still have to finish that grounded cage, so that I might
get reliable measurements.

Cheers, Finn Hammer