Re: MMC problems

Hi John,

I believe you had a multitude of problems that resulted in the failure.

1. Your top load was too small (maybe way too small) - resulted in the
number of turns for the primary being too low.

2. Your Cp was too low - allowed the voltage on the Cp to get too high. This
coupled with low number of turns on primary allow peak currents to be
greater than expected.

3. First time around, I think your safety gap was not doing its job and this
enabled the high voltages that #2 resulted in.

With properly sized Cp (to keep the voltages reasonable in conjuntion with a
properly set safety gap),  you need to increase the topload capacitance to
keep the number of primary turns reasonable to limit the peak current.

Also, spreading the current between two strings (instead of one) will help.

Gerry R