We need a tesla performance! (fwd)

Original poster: Chip Atkinson <chip-at-pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 16:58:59 -0500
From: Corbett Griffith <c0rbett-at-yahoo-dot-com>
To: chip-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: We need a tesla performance!

Chip-

I'm with Ripe Atlanta, an annual art benefit/party, and we've decided we
need a Tesla Coil! If you would forward this to your tesla list... maybe
someone you know would be interested.

Thanks,
Corbett Griffith

--

A CALL TO ARTISTS:

Many on this list have heard about RipeAtlanta or attended last year. RIPE
is running again this year on May 15. It will be at the same RipeLocation,
City View Sculpture on Murphy Ave, in West End Atlanta.

What is RIPE: It is an art show, performance venue, costume dance party and
a place for creative human endeavors. For one night we radically alter the
night-time urban environment with an event that is open to anything that you
feel like doing...as long as it's creative and doesn't hurt anyone else.
Attendance is optional, but participation is mandatory. There is no vending,
this is not a craft show, proceeds benefit MPAC, the most dynamic advocate
for public art in Atlanta.

Last year, RIPE had gymnastic acts & silent films of ships sinking in WW2,
we had a flower display made from pig ears and insectoid flapping kinetic
sculpture, we had a dance floor powered by rare soul dj's from California
and a dude hanging himself from sculpture on hooks. There was fire
sculpture, fire dance and a giant zippo lighter that released a geyser of
flame 40 feet into the air. There was an avante guard puppet show and a
costumed, painted troupe of chanting, marching gamelan players. A masseuse
gave away massages, there was a climb-in tent simulating a giant vagina and
much more. We are inspired by the ethos and spirit of Burning Man.

So this year we're looking for MORE MORE MORE!

What zany ideas do you have? We are looking for anything and everything. We
have room, can accommodate just about anything you want to do. Send us your
proposals. We have limited grant monies for the projects that are really
cool and need help. It is an outdoor venue that will be secure for a couple
of days but we could have weather.

So, send us a proposal, or come to our next meeting. It is on Thursday at
the B-Complex at 9pm. Check out www.thebcomplex-dot-com for directions and
stuff. You can e-mail proposals to art-at-ripeatlanta-dot-com or snail mail to Ripe
Atlanta, Box 302, 1272 Murphy Ave. Atlanta, GA 30310. Proposals seeking
grant money need to be received by April 15.