Re: Brass bolt for upper connection?

Original poster: Daniel Hess <dhess1-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

I've done this on my 6.5" coil and have not had any problems so far (knock,
knock, knock...). I used a 1.5" rubber stopper which fits into a
corresponding hole at the top of the secondary. The stopper in turn
supports a length of 1/4" all-thread which in turn supports the toroid.
BUT... I also have x4, 1/4" thick grey PVC disks installed throughout the
inside of the secondary, one at the top, one at the bottom and two more
spaced equidistant along the inside (each one of these two spaced about 1/3
from the ends of the secondary. These are held in place by a bead of RTV.
One suggestion is to keep the bottom of the brass bolt above the top
winding of the secondary, or higher if possible.

I normally prefer to avoid the use of any metallic hardware anywhere on or
in the secondary, excepting the copper winding, of course. But the extra
effort of constructing and installing the four disks has probably afforded
me the opportunity to 'get away with it' and avoid internal flash-overs.

Daniel

[]"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

04/02/2004 03:36 AM
[]
[]
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
[]
cc
[]
[]
Subject
[]
Brass bolt for upper connection?
[][]

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>

I'm a PVC endcap on the top of my 3 inch coil. Is it ok to put a brass bolt
in it and solder the output wire to it so I can attach toroids easier? Will
this make internal flashover a problem?

---Eric