RE: New bipolar

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi John,

 > That is one interesting bi-polar coil.  Did you use glue or ? to
 > secure the wire to the form?

This double cone coil was made 100 years ago.  I wasn't around then.  I
suspect it was wound expertly tight and then shellacked.  The wires are
definitely firm in place, even today.

 > Sort of a tiny version of the original Griffith Park
 > Observatory TC although the GP coil doesn't terminate into the 'point'
 > yours does.

That coil has the general appearance of Tesla's later generation conical
coils.  Do you know the dimensions and wire gauge of that conical coil?  I
may want to build that as my next Tesla coil project.

Dave