RE: determining capacitance of a topload?

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <ggreen-at-gwtc-dot-net>

Hello Nolan

Except for the case of a horned toroid, its is impossible
to uniquely determine the capacitance of a toroid from
only its surface area. You also need the diameter
inside the toroid. If you estimated the surface area from
a formula, then you already have two lengths by which you
could determine the capacitance. A horned toroid is a
toroid with no hole. Go to http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/programs
and locate the INCA program. The INCA program
has a calculator for a toroid.

Godfrey