Re: SRSG VS SUCKER

Hi Steve,

I'm thinking that your safety gap is set for larger voltage than what would
be experienced by a SRSG system running normally.  If your Cp is smaller
than
3.14 * Cres, it will be possible to generate larger voltages than your
unloaded power source.   It could be that your Cp is too small and your SRSG
is phased to prevent the safety gaps from firing in normal operation.  If
the SRSG misfires (motor loses sync momentarily),  the voltage could rise
enough to fire the safety gap and thus have a momentarily larger bang.  The
same effect could be obtained by widening the safety gap somewhat and
rephasing the SRSG to get the larger normal voltage.  Be careful to not
overvolt your power source and Cp.

Gerry R