Re: SSTC problem - not plasmasonic :-))

Original poster: Mike Poulton <mpoulton-at-mtptech-dot-com>

Tesla list Wrote:
 > Original poster: Kreso Bukvic <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>
<snipped stuff below>
 > as soon i connected the
 > psu the IC acts as short circuit.
 > But any way the chips pop even without any
 > other wires connected except PSU.

Check the IC data sheet.  I would bet you chose the wrong pins for
power somehow.  That's pretty much the only explanation, unless every
single IC you tried had a serious manufacturing defect and had somehow
made it through testing anyways.  Could you be installing them
backwards?
Mike Poulton
MTP Technologies

KC0LLX (70cm AM ATV, 33cm/12cm FM ATV, Omaha, NE)