Flyback Driver PCBs

Original poster: "Jim Mitchell" <electrontube-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>

Hello List:

After the recent sucsess of my SSTC boards, and my recent experimentation
with a high powered flyback driver,  I have decied I'd like to have some
flyback driver boards made.

The boards would be custom 2 sided boards,  utilizing a half bridge of
MOSFETs or IGBTs,  and a variable oscillator and gate drive section.  This
would work wonders as a flyback driver and as a GP high frequency generator
for different experiments.

The board would use a TL494 oscillator, that way the duty cycle and
frequency would be variable.

I recently built an identical flyback driver and it works very good,  I am
able to drive flybacks with half wave AC up to 150v or until they start to
break down from overvoltage (about 50v in)  and I have been able to get 2"
sparks from a single small flyback (a new style DC one).

Anyway if there is any interest in these please let me know and I will send
word to have them made.  I have already designed the board and things seem
to look good.

Regards - Jim Mitchell