Microwave Oven Sync. Motors!

Original poster: "Jim Mitchell" <Electrontube-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>

Hello List,

This may have been discussesd before but...

I was taking apart a brand new "Galanz" brand 700w microwave (payed 40$ for
it ;-))  And I was removing the turn table motor when I noticed it said
SYNCHRONOUS MOTOR on it.  So I plugged it in,  and it spun slowly, like 5
RPM.  I popped the case open and removed the gear assembly... I then turned
the motor on again.  This time It was spinning faster ~400 RPM?  It was
also in sync with the line as the stick I had put on the rotor was standing
still in 5 different places.  The motor just had a coil surrounding a rotor
made of what seemed to be a magnet.  I doubt this would have a lot of power
but may work for a small propeller gap.  Sadly mine stopped working after I
got metal shavings stuck to the rotor and it froze up.

Regards - Jim Mitchell