Re: Sync Motor Wanted

Hi,

Flat grinding is not a critical thing.   They do not have to be very deep
either:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/sync_motor.txt

Some motors have bearings that move when you take it apart but they force
back into place as needed.  File to fit, paint to match, hammer to perfect ;-))

I still worry that a fan motor may not have enough torque.  But maybe for
that tungsten rod configuration...

Cheers,

         Terry

At 05:58 PM 4/17/2004, you wrote:
>How preceise do you need to be in  grinding the flats? I couldn't really
>find much info on the web about this. I tried grindding flats in a
>microwave oven fan shaded pole motor but the rotor wouldnt even fit back
>in after I finished *sigh*
snip... ;-))