Re: DIY Ferrite Transformers (was: Flyback Driver PCBs...)

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Matthew,
             I will reply to this in detail as soon as time permits.
However, it is not so difficult, especially if you have hand wound
coils before. The choice of materials is important as are the
construction methods. You don't have to wind a high profile secondary
like the originals. I have wound transformers to operate up to 20KV
peak output. Watch this space (or better still have a think about it
;) I did present the method plus an inverter design to the HV list
some years ago. I expect that it's probably still in the archives of
that list. What I did not present as being too cumbersome was the
math behind the design if I remember correctly.

Malcolm