RE: circuit breaker and gif problem

Original poster: "patrick herd" <zl2uph-at-hotmail-dot-com>

 >From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
 >To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
 >Subject: circuit breaker and gif problem
 >Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:58:52 -0600
 >
 >Original poster: "Robert Hanford" <pomnept-at-comcast-dot-net>
 >
 >Hello all,
 >To be brief, my coil is constantly either tripping its 20 amp
 >circuit breaker or the test/reset button on the outlet. This is only
 >in the 30% power tuning stage. It uses two 15/60 NSTs  with a 160uf
 >power factor correction cap. I can't get it to run long enough to
 >tune it properly.
 >If anybody has any ideas about this, I would really appreciate help.
 >Prior to upping the 15A ciruit breaker to 20A, and installing a GIF
 >outlet, this didn't seem as much of a problem.
 >Robert Hanford

hmm interesting problem you have there, are the gif and breaker in a single
unit? if so this could be caused by rf getting into the mains earth. If
not, do you have an AC ammeter that you could measue the current draw with?

If the current draw is less than 20 amps try going back to the 15, the
tripping could be caused by a faulty breaker or the 20 may have a different
response curve to the 15.

hope this helps

Pat