Re: Homemade PCBs!

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Ben McMillen writes:
>My point was that I've found through personal experience that what I can't
>afford to pay for, I usually CAN afford the time to make.. That's the way
>it goes when you're in college.. ;)

Matthew replies:

Having followed comments on this thread, one thing I would like to point
out is that for many (most?) of us, this is a hobby.  The doing of it can
be as much part of the satisfaction as the end result.  Also, the DIY
approach lets us acquire new skills and a greater depth of understanding of
what we're about.

Doing things on a tight budget is a great drive for creativity and initiative.

We could go out and buy commercial pulse caps or we could experiment for
hours and invent the MMC or the next big innovation in coiling...

Just my $AU 0.2 worth.

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith