Re: Homemade PCBs!

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Original poster: "Jim Mitchell" <Electrontube-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>

Oh my.  Why doesn't anyone know what gerber files are?!  You can use
eagle
to do them,  or I can make them for you.

Regards - Jim Mitchell"

	Know what Gerber plotters are and assumed they work from data files of
some sort, but that's as close as I've come; I'm a radar systems /
microwave guy who doesn't make circuit boards (about two generations too
early), and I don't know how the files are generated.  To continue my
ignorance, what is "eagle" and is it freeware or one of those expensive
CAD programs?  Thanks for the offer but I'd rather "do it myself".

Ed