Re: Homemade PCBs!

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

Don't forget there are many more layers that just the copper layers.
Typically you will have the following for a standard four-layer board.

TOP Silkscreen Layer
TOP Soldermask Layer
BOARD OUTLINE Layer
COPPER LAYER 1
COPPER LAYER 2
COPPER LAYER 3
COPPER LAYER 4
BOTTOM Soldermask Layer
BOTTOM Silkscreen Layer
DRILL  Layer

And a few more I can't think of from the top of my head.