RE: More THOR Expts

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Marco,

On 2 Aug 2004, at 8:06, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Denicolai, Marco" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi Malcolm,
 >
 > The ROC can be easily kept constant as I use an extra metal ball (25
 > mm o.d.) to draw streamers from the toroid.
 >
 > One extra thing I pulled out from my data a moment ago was (from
 > Fig.3) the distance reached with the same average number of bangs vs.
 > the bang voltage. I tried for 8 bangs and for 14 bangs. The dependance
 > was LIMEAR, not quadratic. This indicates that the distance reached is
 > linearly related to the charging voltage, not to the secondary charge
 > accumulated.

That is the primary charging voltage? With the same secondary
capacitance? If so, both the output voltage and charge availability
were increasing unless I've misunderstood.

 > I'm surely going to perform some of your mentioned experiments when
 > the suitable time comes.

Thankyou for taking the time. It is well appreciated.

Regards,
malcolm