RE: eagle package templates

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >I'm looking for some package templates ( LBR file ) for Eagle layout, I'm
 >building a very small driver board but need a TQFN package template, anyone
 >got one or know where I can download one ?

Hi Chris,

My day job is electronic engineering and I do a lot of PCB layout using
Eagle. If the footprint you want isn't in the supplied libraries (and you
can often find a package with the same footprint, but a different name- look
in smd-ipc.lbr, try other *QFP and check all dimensions carefully) and you
can't find it in an updated library on the Cadsoft website, then you need to
draw it yourself.

This isn't as hard as it sounds, just consult the mechanical drawing in your
IC datasheet to get the pin size and spacing, then set the grid equal to the
pin spacing. I was a bit worried the first time I did it, but you can check
it by printing the board on a good laser printer and laying the chip on top.

It's also good to do it this way if you're using the schematic capture-
you're highly unlikely to find a library part with the right footprint AND
the circuit symbol for your chip :(((

Now what does all this have to do with Tesla coils ;) I guess you are using
a DDS or microcontroller that only comes in a tiny package?

Steve C.