Re: DMM woes

I second the replace the batteries ;-))

But remove the battery overnight too with the battery terminal shorted and
the meter on...  Sometimes that will clear CMOS confusion if it is just soft.

If that and new batteries don't help, at least the leads are probably fine ;-p

Those tiny little submicron transistors and stuff just don't like giant
induced currents and 100kV+ E-fields...  I have cooked a few meters too and
they are just scrap plastic...  Sorry bout that...

Cheers,

         Terry