Re: DMM woes

Original poster: "Matthew Smith" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

<snip>
>When I tried to use the meter today it seems fried - LCD display is weird
>and it won't take any readings. I assume it was damaged by the RF
</snip>

LCD DMM displays can go "funny" when they see too much charge.  I had my
Wavetek sitting a little too close to comfort to a flyback-driven
multiplier which was putting out about 50kV.  The display went totally black.

After everything was switched off, the LCD slowly recovered - no damage done.

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy