Re: ELECTRONIC BALLAST?

Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

The interference is bad for sensitive radio eqpt but our house
is fully equipped with these things and it's not so bad that it
interferes with the TV which is using and indoor rabbit's ears
antenna.

Malcolm"

	I have to turn off the lights, which are in the ceiling fixture in my
"radio room" to listen  to 180 kHz signals.  Not much of a problem on
the BC or ham bands.  I consider all of things to be atrocious devices
which should be stamped out immediately!  Pretty soon there will be so
many "solid state devices" on the power lines that no radio listening
will be possible at any frequency.  Then, of course, BPL will come along
and finish things.  By then it should be possible to run giant TC's with
impunity, since no one can tell their noise from all the rest of the
garbage.

Ed