RE: More questions on SSTC & "Tesla rifle"

Original poster: "David Trimmell" <humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com>

Hi, if this work by Resonance Research was really "classified" by the
DOD, then I doubt they would be discussing it here, even with the lack
of specifics. Now if it is work being done on contract that may be
sensitive (trade secrets, etc.), then that is another matter. I suspect
the latter. But I find it interesting defense folks would still be
pursuing these routes, as from the late '70's and beyond Reagan's "star
wars" programs these types of weapons have been found to be
uneconomical, if not unreliable. The high energy ultraviolet lasers
ionizing a path for an enormous HV discharge (i.e. directed lightening)
has been well studied at LANL and other labs (example). But they just
cannot compete with conventional weapons we see in use today. I am sure
many folks on this list have made good use of the great number of
surplus high energy capacitors from these money wasting government
programs.

I suggest folks not discuss projects that they cannot provide details
to; as that just pisses off the folks here who really have an interest.
I believe in the concept of public domain science and have enjoyed the
camaraderie of those others who support open science. I have seen too
many unsubstantiated claims on the Fusor board by really out-their
people too get too involved in such grandiose claims. Protect yourself
with a patent, and then post details, otherwise what is the point?

Regards,

David Trimmell