Re: Tesla Rifle Article, CNN/AP

Original poster: "jkolling" <jkolling-at-tweakdsl.nl>

>Hi All,
>
>Here's the article:
>
>A few months from now, Peter Anthony Schiesinger hopes to zap a laser beam
>at a couple of chickens or other anmials in a cage a few dozen yards away.
>
>If all goes as planned, the chickens will be frozen in mid-cluck, their
>leg and wing muscles paralyzed by an electrical charge created by the
>beam, even as their heart and lungs function normally.
>
>Among those most interested in the outcome will be officials at the
>Pentagon, who hwlped fund Schlesinger's work and are looking at this type
>of device to do a lot more than just zap a chicken.
>
>Devices like these, known as directed-energy weapons, could be used to
>fight wars in comming years.

Something to look forward to ;)

Ofcourse i understand
that a full, honest and real democracy is much much better than tyrants and
suppression, oppression and force without will .... So it may be necessary
to ward off things like those, at least if we appreciate or value our
freedom to choose and do.