RE: SSTC battle continues!

Original poster: "John" <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Terry,
At least your down to earth! Did I mention, quite entertaining. ;-)
Cheers,
John
Original poster: Terry Fritz

Hi Steve,

At 12:47 PM 8/16/2004, Terry Fritz wrote:
 > >HAHAHAHA!!! If i know as much as i *think* i do, this
 > >this is all a bunch of...
 >
 >I certainly hope that Pete Bitar is just another "Death Ray Matthews". It
 >would be a shame to see technology that we developed for fun getting turned
 >into weapons.

Tesla himself tried to make a "Tesla coil weapon too".... ;o))) He also
got to "tell" several militaries all about it... Results were zero... It
is very easy to "tell" military folks about weapons "ideas"... They just
can't afford to miss anything......

 > >From a technical point of view, we can imagine that such a weapon would be
 >hard to use without giving the firer every bit as much of a "non-lethal
 >jolt" as the victim. It might work if the firer wore a conductive suit or
 >had grounded studs on his boots, but somehow it all seems a bit Hmmmmmm.

The "frier" had better have active armour and a few F-18s for cover as
well, lest they be shredded by AK-47 and rocket grenade fire (and that's
against an "unsophisticated enemy". Suppose we go nuclear or
chemical...)... Of course, in that case, the Tesla "weapons" get sort of
silly as they always have... Sorry, but Einstein and Teller rule that game...

 >Here's what Google turned up:
 >
 >"Pete Bitar, president of Xtreme Alternative Defense Systems, looks over a
 >demonstration unit of a directed-energy weapon." The picture shows a SSTC
 >streamer to air about 12" long. Certainly not 10'.
 >http://www-cgi.cnn-dot-com/2004/TECH/science/08/02/directedenergyweapons.ap/

It is extraordinarily hard to detonate explosives "electrically". They
tend to be encased in heavy steel and traveling toward "you" at high
velocity... Get "real" guns like "they" have... Before your shoot them
with a laser.. Imagine them shooting "you" with a 50 caliber anti-aircraft
gun... Don't drop your calculators laser dudes ;o)))

Here is an idea that really does work:

http://www.fas-dot-org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/weaps/mk-15.htm

75 x 20mm rounds a second of tungsten... It is the "game to
beat"... Spent billions to get that mess to work... The Tesla weapons
folks ain't got a prayer...

 >More info on the "StunStrike" system
 >http://www.insideindianabusiness-dot-com/newsitem.asp?id=10773

"Crowd control" in a riot is NOT based on "stunning" people. You really
don't "want" them at all!!! It is based on making them "good town folk's
kids" want to "peacefully, just go on back home" AKA tear gas... In a
military police situation, escalation of a little riot to full warfare is
measured in minutes... If they aren't armed or a military threat, just
leave... They are not a "threat" and thus no reason to provoke them... If
they tear the place up, "it ain't your town"... If the military is playing
civil police, that is a whole nother "problem"... But tear gas fixes it
well as it has for decades...

 >A Museum Of Hoaxes entry
 >http://www.museumofhoaxes-dot-com/hoax/weblog/comments/1166/

It seems like the enemy snipers just have to ground their rifle
barrels... Hmmmmm... A clamp, wire, and a short ground rod!!! I feel a
new "product" coming on!!! ;o))))

 >New Scientist article
 >http://www.newscientist-dot-com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99996014

"We will be able to fire a stream of electricity like water out of a hose
at one or many targets in a single sweep," claims XADS president Peter Bitar.

Suppose I spray bullets back "like a stream of rounds out of an AK-47 at
one or many targets in a single sweep"... If I forget to bring it, a car
at 70MPH will wipe ya'll out all the better... Of course, their is the
sniper's buddy out at 300 yards picking them off like flies... The key is
NOT to make them mad... 50 riot police against 1000 people ready to
"really kill you", is a turkey shoot and your the turkey... Anything that
escalates the "arms race" in riots, is not to the "policeman's"
advantage....... Interestingly, "just rain" stops many riots... You
really just want to take all the fun out of it and "have them just go on
home"...

 >And the website of the man himself
 >http://www.xtremeads-dot-com/

I hope he makes guns better than he picks text color ;-)) But just like
Tesla, all these folks have never really been in "real" combat or riot
situations and they certainly don't really understand them... Thus, their
ideas are not tested against the cold hard facts of battle field
reality... If your enemy can out gun you, they will, and you will
die... Rioters tend to also be your neighbors... As police in LA an
Cincinnati have found, don't go getting them POed too bad, or you can catch
on in the back the next day...

Too bad about the little animals :-(( I thought Edison's elephant killing
and the negatives it had on him would have taught a lesson about being
sadistic jerks ... Not even the military does live animal testing in
modern times...

So Steve, the fabulous world of "Tesla weapons" is "as usual"... A few
sparks and a lot of smoke... There is a reason none of this is
"classified" :o))) Peter did sort of "win the military contract lotto"
since he seemed to get a few bucks to put on a show for the brass... Mild
entertainment, before they get back to their real work which is far more
sobering...

This thread will probably die a horrible death soon by a very modern
"Internet Tesla weapon" >:o))))...

Cheers,

Terry

 >Steve C.

Do you Yahoo!?
<http://us.rd.yahoo-dot-com/mail_us/taglines/100/*http://promotions.yahoo-dot-com/new_mail/static/efficiency.html>New
and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage!