RE: SSTC, Modes and soft switching

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >Without load, the best excitation frequency would be one that puts
 >the three frequencies in a ratio of three successive integers

Woo, this sounds interesting... But wouldn't this cause terribly hard
switching as the primary current would be a bizarre waveform?

On a related question, what happens to the third harmonic of the inverter
output voltage in a 1:2:3 system? Could we use it to give the "3" mode an
extra kick?

Alternatively, could the 3f mode be tuned to flatten the primary current
down to zero near the zero crossings? This would reduce switching losses in
IGBTs at the expense of higher peak currents.

Steve C.