Re: splicing magnet wire

Original poster: "Bart Anderson" <tesla111-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>

Hi Bart A.,

This is the other Bart A. I may have to reference myself as Bart B. from
now on. Oddly, I also ran into this name thing at work. Two of us have the
same first and last names. Since my middle initial is B, I go by Bart B. at
work.

Anyway, I have the same question as Gerry. Why the top 1/3? This would
create a possible point of breakout. Any flaws in the workmanship will
worsen the effect.

Also for Steve, when I've spliced, I typically perform a silver solder
connection cutting the ends at an angle so there is the least amount of
excess solder and a large surface area for joint strength. I also sand the
solder joint to a nice smooth finish. Obvious care must be taken to prevent
stressing the joint, but if done correctly, it will hold up the life of the
coil assuming a nice coating is used.

Take care,
Bart B.