Re: Weird SRSG turn on

Hi Bart,

 > Original poster: "Bart Anderson" <tesla111-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>
 >
 > Are you running 120 bps? Sounds like the electrodes have moved past and
 > away beyond the reach of the gap distance with given firing voltage (a
 > timing issue). Curious also about the phasing method your using?

Yes, I'm at 120 pps.  Electode firing during smooth operation appears to be
fairly close in terms of electode alignment.  When I delay the firing
slightly from the 0.5ms after peak, the safeties fire and causes rough
opertaion.  My phasing method is purely mechanical (rotating the motor in
its cradle).  I'm also monitoring the voltage across one side of the RSG
with a scope to measure the timing and levels.

Gerry R.