Re: How many Tesla list members?

Original poster: "Edward Wingate" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>
 >
 > I was surprised at how many attendees at Ed Wingate's Teslathon were not
 > TCML subscribers (a very unscientific question I asked to only a few
 > folks).  And it didn/t seem to be just the older vs. younger crowd
 > either, but I had assumed that we all were.  I'm not sure if this is
 > something that we should attempt to "correct", but it does help explain
 > the persistent interest in quarter wavelength wire-lengths and DIY
 > rolled poly caps!
 >
 > Re. the upcoming Cheesehead Teslathon, it would be interesting to learn
 > the TCML subscription rate there.
 >
 > Gary Lau
 > MA, USA

Hi Gary, all

Before the TCML and the internet was the Tesla Coil Builders Association
Newsletter. Harry Goldman started that publication in 1982 and it was
the vehicle that first introduced coilers from all parts of the country
and the world to other coilers. That's how I met many of my Tesla
coiling friends. It also prompted me to start the RATCB Teslathon in the
early 90's following Richard Hull's lead. The landmark quarterly
publication which was discontinued with Volume 20 #4 was an outstanding
achievement by Harry (and Ruth) and is an important part of Tesla
coiling history. The complete set is a must have for any serious Tesla
coil builder. The internet is great, but Harry started the revolution!

Ed Wingate RATCB