Re: LTR cap BPS?

"It also should be realized that
the firing of a static gap is somewhat chaotic due to transient
the charging circuit due to the gap firings (easy to see with a
simulation)
and any breakrates can be obtained by changing either the gap setting
and/or
the Cp value.  It doesnt necessarily lock onto 120 BPS.  With a given
design
and gap setting you often will get some half cycles that do not fire and
other half cycles that fire multiple times,  You can also get periods of
time where only the positive cycle (or negative) will fire"

	I've never used a scope to look at the NST voltage while a gap is
firing, but see all of this behavior in my EWB simulations.  The most
interesting thing is the firing on only positive or negative cycles.  To
me that implies that there is DC flowing from the transformer and that
there should be core saturation effects associated with that which the
simulation doesn't include.  Any thoughts on the subject?

Ed