RE: Terry's DRSSTC - input DC rectifier and filter stuff

Hi,

Got the filter parts in today and built it up...

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/DRSSTC/PC020019.JPG

It can take a full IGBT nuclear "cross conduction and cool explosions event" (CCCEE) on the output while keeping the AC line side safe and happy. Prolly holding $300 in R&D there ;-))

6 x 9 PC card that packs "70 TIMES" the energy of most TC primary caps!!! It could kill an elephant dead (unlike Edison, I won't verify that)...

I think I will stick it, the breaker, line filter, and discharge circuit, and a 300V meter in a nice rack case... Another $300!!!

This ain't cheap stuff!!... But blowing $3000 of computers ain't cheap either... I now have 4 computers on my desk... Do this stuff al the time at work... But "I don't care there"... When repairs are on "my nickle", I do care ;-))

It could also power my "waiting" OLTC that has never been "really" put to the test... Big hefty AC to DC filters that pack lots of capacitance seem to be in great need nowdays ;-))

I think big brass output bolts and wing nuts on the back of the rack case... Like 3/8 to 1/2 inch...

I am looking for a 0-300VDC Simpson meter in excellent to new condition... Newark has them in stock for $95... If anyone has them cheaper (in stock) I am interested ;-)

Cheers,

	Terry