RE: Battery powered tesla!

Original poster: Harvey Norris <harvich@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Derek Woodroffe"
> <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Take a look at
> http://www.roffesoft.co.uk/tesla/it/ikletess.htm
>
> Twin Ignition coil powered TC.
>
> 2" streamers & 4" arcs to earth too from 12V
>
> 	Cheers
> 		Derek
Hi, I went to your site and clicked on the first left
icon that shows the two 12 volt TC.s at the bottom of
the page. I was wondering about the "Tiny Tess"
supplied with the following description;

At present Tiny Tess is running from a 5-0-5 kv 20khz
electronic supply, and its giving about 1" arcs to air
.

Several questions; how do you get the electronic
supply to function with only a 12 volt input?  Other
coilers have expressed reservations about using the
newer solid state neon supplies that output high
frequency (20 khz nameplate value). I have several of
these that are current limited to 20 ma on output,
given a 240 volt input. I wanted to try different
things with them such as directly resonating a larger
inductance @ 20 khz, by finding the source frequency C
value that would correspond to the L value of the
chosen inductor. (Note this was not a TC design, just
an experiment with source frequency resonance, given
that the supply already outputs a high frequency at ~
20Khz) However when the L and C values were put in
series, all the transformer would do was make clicking
noises. A source frequency resonance at 20,000 hz
would have a high q factor, therefore a high series
resonant rise of voltage. It seemed that a neon must
be on the output circuit for the solid state device to
even work. I was wondering about the folowing
questions, are these solid state devices current
limited on output like the conventional ferromagnetic
NST's? Can you directly draw on arc from the output
like the NST?
    And finally was there any particulars to making
the solid state device work as a TC supply? Did you
solve some of these problems by converting the AC
output to DC, and then using a high voltage DC source
to run the TC? Should it be possible to parallel these
transformers so that 4 of them @ 20 ma supply could
become 80 ma output supply? The solid state
transformers seem to be a neglected issue with tesla
coilers, with most of the consensus being that they
dont work with a TC application, so please enlighten
us with how you were able to obtain a small output
using this as a supply. Thanx for any answers here.

Sincerely Harvich