Re: The 1500t secondary myth (long)

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 12/7/04 3:17:36 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

It sounds like you used the same cap with both gaps.  I can't say how
your bang voltage differed between the static and SRSG gaps, but if it's
similar, I would not expect to see a difference in performance between
the two.  It's only because I was able to use a larger Cp with the SRSG
that the bang size (.5*C*V**2), and hence performance increased.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

Gary,

Yes, I did use the same cap for both runs. It was a .015 ufd cap. The resonance value for this transformer is about .01 ufd so I am about 1.5 LTR now. I plan to go to a .03 ufd cap since that is what I have available, which is really going to drop the tap point in the primary so I really need to build a larger toroid, etc. I guess I am just waiting for the initiative to strike.

Ed Sonderman