Re: Aluminum tape problems?

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 11:33 AM 15/12/04 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Black Moon" <black_moons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Hi, i have noticed some problems with my alumium tape covered toroids,
>theres slight arcings beween the peices of tape when I draw an arc off
>the toroid, opon checking with my DMM, many peices of tape are open
>circuit to nearby peices of tape.

<big snip>

I too had this happen and solved it by putting a piece of the tape all
the way around the toroid's largest diameter with the sticky side out.
Over this I applied another piece in the normal fashion to hold it in
place.  It's easier if you cut the inner piece to about half the width
of the outer normal piece and put them together with the two sticky
sides face to face, then apply the result to the toroid's rim.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle