Re: Tesla Coil and Storage Cap on TV

Here is another picture of the same coil system:

http://www.ttr.com/model10.html

Cheers,

        Terry

At 07:14 PM 12/18/2004, you wrote:
Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Bill and I did this experiment back in 1981. The large cap was charged by a
> separate DC power supply. I was visiting and shot the photo as Bill
> operated his large coil.
>
> I shot at f2.8 with 4 sec time exposure.
>

>  > http://www.ttr.com/hist.html

Can you identify exactly how is the setup in the photo? I see what
looks as a large capacitor discharging through a streamer to a toroidal
terminal above a long insulator. I imagine that the toroid is connected
to a large Tesla coil that doesn't appear in the picture, and that
the discharge goes through the Tesla coil to ground. (But in this
case the current could never reach the kA level...)

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz