Re: Request for help with air core transformer/power transfer system

Original poster: eahab el naga <tesla.dude@xxxxxxxxx>

David S.,
I know for a fact that most comercial "induction" chargers un from
50khz and up...I put a few turns around the charging knob of those
rechargable toothbrush stations that charges without wire contact at
it was going at 75khz.
I assume that given the two options that you presented, I would
definately try the many, many turns of finer wire because at this
frequency, a coil of small inductance (few turns of heavy wire), will
pretty much be a short without limiting.

I agree with what Dave H. said but perhaps you might need to fit more
windings on the transformer because it is now an open core system.

Eahab