Re: Leaky Pig

Original poster: "Black Moon" <black_moons@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Sounds like opening the pig, draining some oil into a bucket, and removing the terminal if possable would be a good idea, then sealing it with some hv caulking (for members of the list,would standard clear silicon do?) would help, I would'nt be suprised if the terminals are designed to be under oil on the inside of the transformer and draining them below that point in operation might cause arcover
(Put the oil from the bucket back once your done sealing)

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Leaky Pig
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:31:57 -0700

Many I have seen have those bolt on vents. They are usually red or some other odd color to indicate they are there. It would be near to top lip where the air space is. Often they are on a chain with a sold plug to prevent leaking during shipping. One takes out the shipping plug and puts the vent plug it its place.

A lot depends on your particular pig and its maker. Sounds like you need a tiny air vent.

Cheers,

        Terry