Does it Matter?

Original poster: Tyler Pauly <rpggod714@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello,
 I have a coil in construction. Powered by 9kv,30ma
NST, copper pipe spark gap, 13.5 nF MMC (11) caps, and
primary of 12 turns of .25 OD copper tubing in flat
spiral. Two questions:

1. What would be best for my sec.: short fat(18x4 PVC)
coil with 28 AWG-it would be about 1400 turns- or
slightly taller and skinnier with 26 AWG about 1100
turns? I know that there are no set rules for best
results, but I'd just like your thoughts.

2. I read a post about arcing between primary and
secondary coils. This reminded me about a question:
Where do you put the secondary in relation to height
to the primary i.e. the secondary starts 2" below the
primary, it starts 1.75" above, etc. what does this
change? I'll only need to ask these questions once so
bear with me.

            Thanks for your patience,

                      Tyler