Re: High Reliability - DRSSTC II - Proven

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Nice, 5 Hours ;-)  I bet the place must have started to wreak of
ozone.  I know if i run my larger DRSSTC in the basment for maybe 5
minutes or so it gets pretty bad, i cant imagine 5 hours.

You definately have me beat... the longest run ive ever had was on my
mini DRSSTC which was about 15 minutes continuously.  Nothing
failed... but the ozone was getting bad and i figured i should give my
parents a break with all the noise ;-).

Just curious, did you have lots of power arcs to any targets?  Or were
you just producing air streamers for most of the display time?  It
seems that DRSSTCs are pretty good for just making streamers, but
still have somewhat of a weak spot for heavy arcing, though looking at
pics of your coil you dont seem to worry about that ;-).

Im quite surprised that those GE caps you use for your MMC have held
up to that abuse as well.  Some of the caps in the 42L series are not
foil, but only metalized.  But i think the higher voltage ones are
foil, which is what i guess you are using.

Anyway, good work.

Steve