Re: High voltage standing waves with a magnetron?

Original poster: dave pierson <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

I've not personally done it, and experiments should be done with
caution, however HV arcover of mismatched waveguides in
high powered systems is, i believe common.

The Corums descibe (vacuum tube tesla coils book?
elsewhere?) what seems (to me) an analagous case of a 160ishMHz
rf source and a 1/4 wave hip above a coaxial matching section.

'rf flame' off the top.

(Best operatred in remote areas, or RF tight  enclsoure Faraday
cage...  8)>>)

best
dwp