Re: The equation used to calculate the resonant frequency of a secondary coil

Original poster: "Robert Jones" <alwynj48-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi,
  Comments within the text

 > Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>
 >
 > Adam: You were given a formula. The problem is you dont know the self
 > capacitance so tables based on experimentation is required, I use spaced
 > wire so I can only wind a coil to approximat size and test the results,
The
 > self capacitance of close wound coils dosen't apply. Use the prograns
 > provided by the Tesla list for best results.
 >       Robert   H
 > --

Or use  1/ (4 sqrt ( LsCs)) were Ls and Cs  are the measured values and
valid for one end grounded. Similar accuracy as the table for Tesla coils.

Robert if your taking about the C to go with the L it is hardly effected by
space winding up to several wire diameters.

Bob