RE: UNITS

Original poster: "Philip Chalk" <phil-at-apsecurity-dot-com.au>

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, 2 February 2004 5:07 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: UNITS

Original poster: "Crow Leader" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

The AWG system makes sense, there is never confusion about "are you
talking
diameter or cross sectional area" as with metric. We do have MCM for
large
wires, but again, it's simple - MCM = 1000 circualr mils, that's it.
What is
say 0,8mm wire supposed to be?

KEN

I think it universally means 0.8mm diameter.  If ever I'm talking wire
in metric, I'm talking diameter, & the people I'm talking to seem to see
it the same way.

Phil Chalk.