RE: First light for my first coil today !

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

Original poster: "Ian McLean" <ianmm-at-optusnet-dot-com.au>

PS: Installed my RF ground network this morning.  With a small sledge
hammer, I pounded two 6 foot copper clad steel ground rods into the
ground
all but 1 inch to secure the brass clamps.  They are about 1 foot
forward of
my back fence and about 6 feet apart.  Will do another test this
afternoon
with the proper RF ground setup.  Must remember to tell the lawn mowing
guys
about the rods so they don't accidentally rip the blades off their
mowers
going over the ground rods :-)

Ian, you could dig around each rod and manufacuter a small earth pit from
loose bricks. Then hammer in the stakes a bit further and use a flagstone or
treated pine cover level with the surface, just to be on the safe side.

I've seen a mower blade imbedded deep in a tree. Thinking of the tree as
someones leg... welll, it would not be pretty.

Tom L.