Re: Removing Pig Top

Original poster: Edward Wingate <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Zagarus Rashkae <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi Adam,
 >
 > I think you could probably pry it off. Check for any obvious fasteners
 > (screws, clips...) and then figure out a way to remove them. If it's welded
 > then you're probably out of luck, although you may be able to grind the
 > welds off.
 >
 > Regards,
 > Chris Lu
 >
 > Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
 > Original poster: Yurtle Turtle
 >
 > How does one remove the pig top from:
 >
 > http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/pig_14.4kV_25kVA_2.jpg
 >
 > http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/pig_14.4kV_25kVA_3.jpg
 >
 > thanks
 > Adam

Adam,

The funny looking bolt in the center of the cover on the pole
transformer can be unscrewed with a crescent wrench after which the
cover can be easily lifted off. You may have to lightly tap the
underside of the cover at the edge to break the rubber seal loose. There
may also be a ground strap between the lid and the case that needs to be
removed on one end and you want to be careful with the leads from the
bushings to the HV coils. It must be fairly new, both the HV and LV
windings are aluminum.

Ed Wingate RATCB